Not Just a TEFL certification
CIEE Online TEFL Certification courses offer:
- Live tutors who give personalized feedback
- Weekly live meetings
- Small class sizes that are capped at 13 students
- Opportunities to collaborate with peers through discussion boards
- Intercultural training to help you navigate diverse cultures in the classroom
Don’t just earn. Learn.
CIEE TEFL Certification is for fluent English speakers looking to not only earn a certification but also learn how to be a successful English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher. We offer a range of online TEFL certification courses – with practicum options at home or abroad – that fit everyone’s experience levels.
With CIEE’s internationally recognized online TEFL Certification Courses, you will:
- Engage in interactive learning with classmates and tutors in virtual discussion forums, conferences, and chats conveniently, via computer, tablet, or mobile phone, without the hassle of commuting
- Have the flexibility to choose the level of certification that best fits your needs
- Become prepared to work in another culture – a skill highly valued in today’s job market
A nonprofit, nongovernmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For more than 65 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available.
Your Journey Begins Online. Where it takes you next is everywhere.
CIEE TEFL has partnered with schools overseas to offer you the opportunity to get valuable international classroom experience - turning your TEFL certification into an adventure abroad! Once you’ve completed your 130 hours of online coursework - head abroad for two weeks of instruction and teaching practice in a foreign country.
Train As You Teach
- 130 hours of online coursework with a professional tutor
- 40 hours of in-classroom instruction, where you’ll learn from an expert ESL teacher
- 20 hours of in-classroom teaching experience
- Intercultural lessons with a focus on Czech, English, Italian, Spanish, or Thai culture
At a Glance: What You’ll Learn
- Intercultural Teaching and Learning
- Reflective Teaching and Action Research Planning
- Classroom Management
- Tailored Lesson Planning (teaching a specific age group, learner, topic etc.)
- Use of Instructional Materials
Benefits of completing your practicum abroad
- Discover whether a long-term ESL teaching commitment is right for you
- Learn more about teaching ESL specifically in that country
- 60 hours of in-person experience (great for jobs that require in-person teaching experience)
- Earn a 190 hour certificate that never expires
- Get a head start on your job search
- Have a fun and immersive adventure abroad
Completing your practicum in Thailand will give you a peek into the country behind the travel brochures and news stories.
Whether it’s the delicious tapas and wine, relaxed pace of life, or the ease of travel around Europe, TEFL Spain is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in Spanish culture.
Complete your TEFL practicum in Rome and fall in love with one of Europe’s most thriving city!
Complete your TEFL practicum in London and fall in love with one of Europe’s most thriving city!
Teach ESL by day, explore one of the most beautiful cities in the world by nights and weekends!